Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's July!

Hello! Just a quick update. Tomorrow is my last day at de Regenboog (the elementary school). I printed out some pictures of me and gave the kids my home address in case they want to send me a card or anything. I'm also going to give them little chocolates and I baked a sort from spice cake for the teachers to eat during the break. :) koffie pauze..

Today Harmen, Janjaap and 20 other people biked Rondje Ijsomeer...250 kilometers or about 160 miles, and yes, in one day. :) Race cycling. They're tired, but they made it the whole way! Hoera!

Esme Busch, the person that I'm sharing an apartment with this coming school year, will probably be coming to the Netherlands for a weekend. She is in Belgium right now, so we're going to pick her up with the car! But....before that....
This coming Wednesday I leave for Germany! Rutger, Paula, Harmen and I...the same group that I went to Paris with last year. I'm really excited. We'll be in Germany for 10 days, so most likely I won't have the internet. Weird! :) Oh well, we're going to be camping and we have train tickets for 6 days with the train in one month.

The school trip was fun. I went on a small roller coaster twice and also another ride that was like the YoYo. Chairs that you sit in and you're up in the air going in a circle. After going on the rollercoaster twice and the yoyo thing twice, my stomach was a bit upset. So I sat with the teachers and drank coffee and read a book. Echt gezellig! :D

Well, I have to go to bed. I've got a busy day tomorrow. I just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive and it's going well.

I tried to upload pics, but it just doesn't work, so I'll just have to print them off or email or something. :) Komt wel goed. Now, until the next time! I hope everything is going well! Byyyeeee!!

No comments: