Thursday, August 2, 2007






Hello! Let's see, I'll start from Tuesday, I think.
Tuesday: This was the day of Bea and Harmen's birthday party! The whole family woke up early and we brought our presents into Bea's room (Harmen sat in the bed too) and we sang a dutch song and congratulated them! Haha, it was amazing - they got breakfast in bed and presents! After that we all got ready for the day. The first people came around 9 or 10, then we ate lunch and the next people came around 3. ..then in between dinner, and the next people came around 7 or something. . .So coffee time, tea time, and drink time. . haha. ..it was amazing! So many people to meet! haha, then to bed around midnight! haha, a whole day of celebration! (and naturally we got lots of basketball playing in there as well)

Wednesday: Harmen brought me coffee and breakfast in bed! :D:DWhat a sweetie. ..learning from his dad (he brings Bea coffee EVERY morning - so cute!) hehehe . . .then we got ready for the day. . .and then OFF TO AMSTERDAM! But first we biked to the train station in 't Harde, :) yes, I biked. . . and then our train was delayed because a train had crashed into another train. . .I don't if anyone was hurt or anything. . .but we arrived in Arnhem, I think, and then we waited for buses, becaues we didn't know if the train would go to Amsterdam. . .in the meantime, I talked with some people from England and a girl from Holland, haha, it was fun :) Oh man. .when we arrived though, I was so overwhelmed. . .it was a large city and I don't think that I've every actually walked all through a big city. . So many little shops. . and coffee shops (which are actually shops to smoke marijuana in, but I didn't go in, haha). . .It was amazing, I ate a hotdog from a vendor and I saw the Rijksmuseum (it was free for people from 0-18!). . .next year, it won't be free, haha. . .but some of it was closed off, I think, for updating or something. . .but I saw the whole 17th century! Later that night Harmen and I met up with the daught from my grandpa's brother's kid, haha. .her name is Mirthe, we had dinner and then ice cream! Oh, the ice cream is different, but sooo delicious! :D Then around 11 Harmen and I arrived back at the train station in 't Harde and made our way home by bike! It was a wonderful night ride!

Friday: Winkelendag! Shopping day! All the girls left their men at home and we had a girls' day out in Appeldoorn! (Aline, Sjoukje, Bea, Marjan, Marloes, Anouk and me) :) In just 4 stores I found: 2 shirts, a skirt, a poncho (like my blanket, so I can wear it instead at the breakfast table, :D haha), a pajama dress, and a new b.h. . . haha. . .it was veeery fun! Much walking, talking, and naturally eating. . .dinner and oh my gosh! Bea, Anouk and I bought ice creams. . .thinking they were small. . .but they were huuuuge! hahaha, naturally I finished mine, but I was extreeeemely full for the oncoming few hours, hahahaha! When we were finished we went back to Sjoukje's (sister from Bea) and had something to drink. .then we called Harmen at home, and found out his friend Bart was there - who I had not met, and who was leaving for vacation the next day. ..so after our drinks, we rushed home in the car and made just in time to sit for a bit and show off all our new goodies! But, it's 5:30 in the morning ( I woke up to go to the bathroom and decided to update, so I'll upload pictures later! hehe, see you later!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having fun! Groeten aan iedereen! Love, Mom