Saturday, July 28, 2007

Hello again!






Hallo again! Sorry for taking so long to update, but I was staying with relatives that had noooo internet! :) Hehe,:D But I'll start from where I left off!


Tuesday: That night there were maaaany people at Harmen's house! So many names and faces, and all speaking dutch naturally. It was a totally different world! Amazingly though, I think I can remember most of their names!


Wednesday: After a woooonderful night's sleep - no problem with jet lag because I had only slept for an hour on Sunday night and 3 hours on the plane - I woke up to beautiful, sunny weather! :) I had a totally dutch breakfast of bread with chocolate spread and "pindakaas"(peanut butter), cheese!! Oh, the cheese here is amazing! :D:D Gouda enzo, is wonderful! :D Wednesday we left for Boxtel (where my grandma's side of the family lives). . .Harmen's parents took us by car! On the way we stopped by a restaurant and I had my first experience with the dutch restaurants! (Mind you, no refills :) ) I tried "Broodjes Gezond" - it was very nice! :D It was like a large roll with cucumbers, sliced eggs, tomato, ham, and cheese! Delicious! Then I also got to try a "kroket" - some sort of meat thing fried. . .um, it looks like a sausage, but with a breakable outer shell of fried bread crumbs. . .it was kind of like a meat paste that you spread on your bread. It was interesting looking, but very good! Then we arrived at Tante Annie's house and Harmen, his parents, Annie and I sat and drank coffie. It is tooootally dutch, whenever I go into someone's house, they automatically ask if I want something to drink! It is amazing, ja! Later that night Tante Nettie and her husband Albert came for dinner as well as Hettie. Dinner was delcious, but so much food! Soup, main course, and then dessert! Amazing! :) After dinner, Hettie, Harmen and I went to Staplen. Staplen was the castle/church that my Uncle Wim was a priest at and where he lived. (He is now passed away - recently). . .then after seeing the beautiful sites, we went back to Tante Annie's and went to bed.


Thursday: Yet another beautiful day, also with rain :) Again, I had bread with many different things on it. Cheese, meats, little sprinkles. . .oh, it was lekker! :D After breafast, Tante Annie, Harmen and I cycled to St. Petrus's Kerk (a large church) (Annie is in her 70's and still riding her bike) While we were looking around, it began to rain again! haha After lunch, Harmen and I belled Tante Nettie and Albert,and they took us to s'Hertogenbosch. . .a city not far from Boxtel. There, Harmen and I walked and I shopped! We also stopped by a snack bar and tried fries - with mayonnaise and drank strawberry milkshakes! hahaha, it was actually really good! While I was shopping, I totally came by a McDonald's. . how crazy is that?? :D hahaha. . . After shopping, we took the train back to Boxtel and made it safely to Tante Nettie's for dinner :) Also soup first, a main course, and then a delicious dessert! After dinner, we decided to go out for a drink and while we were at the cafe - sitting outside - it began to rain, and all of sudden it began pouring, like I hadn't seen it before! :D Totally made everything wet even the floor beneath our feet (with umbrellas over all the tables and everything -more like tents than umbrellas. . .hhe. . .but, then we went back to tante Annie's and, haha. . .I tried a glass of white wine! Haha, it was okay. . .I'm not much for alchohol, I think, haha. . I tried a Heineken by Tante Annie's as well, but, man-oh-man, I totally had to share it with Harmen. . .beer is not so good, haha!. . .But, I think I will update more later, because it is now 11:17 and I have to get up and go to church tomorrow! So, Tot Later! and Have fun!!

1 comment:

Nick and Marissalas said...

Cute photos! Sounds like you are having a great time. So fun!